- Station your grill as close to the nearest router as possible.
- Download the latest Traeger app from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- Ensure your smart device is connected to the 2.4 GHz WiFi network to which you want your grill connected.
- Turn on your smart device's Bluetooth.
- Open the Traeger app and create an account or log in with your existing account.
- Plug in and turn on your grill.
- Tap the Grill icon at the bottom of the Traeger app and tap, ADD GRILL.
- On your grill's controller, press the Menu button and navigate to WiFIRE Connectivity > Connect Grill.
- Tap, Tap Here to Start Pairing to initiate sending its Bluetooth signal. The controller will provide a Bluetooth Passkey.
- Once your phone detects the grill's Bluetooth signal and you confirm the device selection, your phone will start establishing a WiFi connection.
- Your phone will prompt you to enter the Bluetooth Passkey shown on your grill's controller. Enter the Passkey and tap, Pair. Your app will begin establishing connection to your 2.4 GHz WiFi.
- One connection establishes, you will be prompted to enter your WiFi password and your app will start checking the WiFi connection. Your controller screen will also update to the same screen.
- When connection establishes, you can name your grill!
- The app will finalize your home network connection, and you'll be connected!
I Skipped the Onboarding Experience. Can I Still Pair?
Of course! Just press the controller's menu button, scroll to WiFIRE Connectivity, and tap, Connect Grill.
Can I Pair While Seasoning?
Absolutely! This process can be done while seasoning your grill. Just remember to let the seasoning process finish once you're done pairing your grill.
My Grill Can't Find My WiFi Network
The most common cause of being unable to find your network is not being connected to a 2.4 GHz network. Many ISPs combine both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks. Check your available networks on your phone to check if you're given the choice.
The App Says I Have a Weak WiFi Network
We suggest placing your grill within 30 feet of your router. There are many other factors that can come into play that can weaken your network strength.
Check out our free Self-Help WiFi diagnostics app to check your connection strength and see if anything on your network may prevent your from connecting successfully!
Can I Use My Grill without Connecting to WiFi?
While your grill will function without connecting to WiFi, we strongly encourage you to get your grill connected before your first grill so you can update your firmware to the latest version. We release new firmware periodically to improve your grill's performance, which brings more successful cooks!