If your auger isn't spinning, follow the steps below to determine the problem's source.
- Check the power source.
- Plug in the grill. The controller should light up.
- Check the outdoor outlet to ensure it works.
- If the grill does not have power, see the article below or call Customer Service.
- See if the auger motor pin is in place.
- See Auger Motor Pin to learn what an auger pin is and where to find it.
- If the auger pin is missing, look in the hopper and jiggle the grill to see if it is loose inside the grill.
- Check the area around the grill to ensure the auger pin did not drop or fall out during assembly.
- If you can't find the auger pin, call Customer Service.
- Check the auger.
- On a cool grill, remove the grates, drip pan, heat baffle/shield and hopper shell to be able to see the auger parts.
- Manually rotate the auger. If the auger has pellets stuck inside the auger shaft and shows difficulty turning, it may be jammed.
- Check the articles below on how to clear an auger jam for your grill or call Customer Service.
- Check the auger motor for damage.
- Inspect the auger motor for any damage, such as cracks or visibly broken spots.
- If it is damaged or broken, call Customer Service for further assistance.
- Additionally, you can purchase a new auger motor on our website HERE.