Linking your Traeger to the Amazon Alexa App
To connect your Traeger account to the Amazon Alexa app, follow the steps below:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app.
- Click on More, found in the bottom right corner.
- Select the Skills & Games option.
- In the top right corner of the new page that opens, find and tap on the magnifying glass.
- Type, “Traeger,” and tap search.
- The Traeger skill should now appear. Select it to open.
- You should now see the Traeger skill menu, in which you will see an option in blue that says, “Enable to Use”. Tap on “Enable to Use.” This will redirect you to log into your Traeger account.
- Enter your credentials
Alexa allows you to monitor and control your WiFIRE-enabled grill, similarly to how you do so on the Traeger App. Below are some of the commands Alexa recognizes that you can use to have a whole new grilling experience.
For safety reasons, just like the Traeger App, Alexa is unable to turn on and ignite your grill. However, you may ask Alexa the status of your grill, as well as initiate the shutdown cycle using the following commands:
- "Alexa, turn My Traeger off."
- "Alexa, is My Traeger on?"
- "Alexa, is My Traeger off?"
- Alexa, set the temperature in My Traeger to 175."
- "Alexa, set My Traeger to 175 degrees."
- "Alexa, what temperature is My Traeger set to?"
- "Alexa, what is the temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, set the probe temperature in My Traeger to 200 degrees."
- "Alexa, what is the target probe temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, how hot is the food in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, 20 minutes on My Traeger."
- "Alexa, when is the food done in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, what is the pellet level in My Traeger?"
- "Alexa, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to super smoke."
- "Alexa, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to normal smoke."
- "Alexa, what is the smoke setting in My Traeger?"