Linking Your Traeger to Your Google Home App
To connect your Traeger account to the Google Home app, follow the steps below:
- Hit + in the upper left corner of the screen on the Google Home app.
- Select Set Up Device.
- Under "Works with Google," select "Have something already set up."
- Search for Traeger in the search bar.
- Select Traeger.
- Sign in to your Traeger account.
- Select the Traeger grill you are adding to your Google Home.
- You’ll see a screen that says, “Choose a home,” Your home should be automatically selected. Click Next in the bottom-right corner,
- You should see a screen that says, “Where is this device?” You may either choose from the pre-populated list, or you may add a custom room if one of the options doesn't meet your needs. Once an option is selected, click Next or Done in the bottom-right corner.
- If there are no more devices, you’ve successfully set up Google Assistant to work with your grill.
Note: If there are more devices that are linked to your Traeger account, your device screen will pull up again to select another device. If you don’t want to add any more devices, just click the X in the top-left corner of the screen. If you want to continue to add the devices, select the device and repeat steps 8 - 10.
Google Home Commands
Google Home allows you to monitor and control your WiFIRE-enabled grill, similarly to how you do so on the Traeger App. Below are some of the commands Google Home recognizes that you can use to have a whole new grilling experience.
For safety reasons, just like the Traeger App, Google Home is unable to turn on and ignite your grill. However, you may ask Google the status of your grill, as well as initiate the shutdown cycle using the following commands:
- "Hey Google, turn My Traeger off."
- "Hey Google, is My Traeger on?"
- "Hey Google, is My Traeger off?"
- "Hey Google, set the temperature in My Traeger to 175."
- "Hey Google, set My Traeger to 175 degrees."
- "Hey Google, what temperature is My Traeger set to?"
- "Hey Google, what is the temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Hey Google, set the probe temperature in My Traeger to 200 degrees."
- "Hey Google, what is the target probe temperature in My Traeger?"
- "Hey Google, how hot is the food in My Traeger?"
- "Hey Google, 20 minutes on My Traeger."
- "Hey Google, when is the food done in My Traeger?"
- "Hey Google, what is the pellet level in My Traeger?"
- "Hey Google, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to super smoke."
- "Hey Google, set the smoke setting in My Traeger to normal smoke."
- "Hey Google, what is the smoke setting in My Traeger?"